Strength of a password
The strength of a password in BizzStream follows the current security standards:
- 8 characters of which has at least 3 out of 4 characteristics:
- 1 lower case letter,
- 1 upper case letter,
- 1 number,
- 1 special character
kcG!?s9C is considered a strong password.
Users cannot re-use an old password for 10 times.
Changing your own password
As a user I can change my own password by taking the following steps:
- Go to the profile page
- Click on Change Your Password?
- Fill in the old and new passwords in the following form.
- Click on Save.
- You will receive an email to confirm that your password has been changed.
Resetting a user's passwords as an admin
As an admin I can reset a user's password by taking the following steps:
- Go to Settings and select Users .
- Select a user
- Click the Reset password button, you will see a confirmation message.
- You cannot reset your own password.
- External users cannot change their password, nor see the 'change password' element in the profile.
- You cannot reset passwords of users that are part of an external system.
- A token in a enrollment email is valid for 30 days.
- A token in a reset password emails is valid for 3 days.
- A token is invalidated when a newer token is send.