A user is a person who can login to BizzStream with a username and password. A user can have access to multiple environments, and these environments may belong to different organizations. A user account is thus an entity that does not belong to a particular environment, but to the system as a whole.
User accounts cannot be deleted. To prevent a user from accessing your environment, you have to deactivate it (see below).
Global and Environment settings
Each user has two set of properties:
- Global properties affect the user account as a whole. Only a user him/herself can change the global properties.
- Environment properties only affect a user in a particular environment. Environment properties can be changed by the user him/herself and the administrators of the environment.
|ID||Global||The unique identifier of the user.|
|Username||Global||The name with which the user logs in.|
|Global||System related e-mails, such as the "I forgot my password" mail, are sent to the global e-mail address.|
|Environment||Global||The default environment that is opened when the user logs in.|
|E-mail Releases||Global||By checking this box, you indicate that the user should receive updates about BizzStream releases, scheduled maintenance, and changes in the Service Level Objectives.|
|Name||Environment||The name of the user in an environment.|
|Environment||The e-mail address of the user in the environment. E-mails sent as part of a workflow are sent to this e-mail address.|
|Language||Environment||The language of the user interface in the environment.|
|Locale||Environment||The locale of the user. Amonst other things, the locale determines the formatting of numbers, dates, and times.|
|Active||Environment||Indicates whether the user can open the environment.|
|Administrator||Environment||Indicates whether the user has administrator permissions in the environment.|
Creating a user
Administrators can create a new user by completing these steps:
- Go to Settings and select Users .
- Click the New button .
- Enter the name of the new user in the Name field. This is the user's name in the environment.
- Enter a valid email address.
- Select the user's language and locale.
- Select the Active checkbox to ensure that the new user has access to this environment.
Note: It is important to enter a valid email address. BizzStream will send a verification email to the user that has to be clicked in order to validate the user. Only after validation will the user be able to log in.
Note: BizzStream will use the email address as username. In case a user with the email address already exists, the user will be linked to the environment.
Deactivate a user
As administrator, you can deactivate a user in an environment by completing the following steps:
- Go to Settings and select Users . You will be shown an overview of all the users.
- Select the user you wish to deactivate from the list.
- Click on the Edit button .
- Uncheck the Active field in the Modify User dialog.
- Please click the Save button.
Note: By deactivating a user, he or she can no longer use the current environment. In case the user has access to other environments, the access will remain active in those environments.